Verne Harnish, a long-time friend and one of the only business guru’s I follow, passed along these 10 Rules from Jim Collins, the author of Good to Great.
- Change “what” questions to “who” questions
- Double your question to statement ratio
- Embrace the “Stockdale Paradox” – keep getting up when knocked down
- Discover your personal “hedgehog” – what are you both passionate about and best at
- Be clear your Core Values, Purpose, and BHAG
- Establish a 20 Mile March
- Create a “Stop Doing” list
- Turn-off electronic gadgets one day every two weeks
- Focus on getting a huge return on your next “luck event.”
- Strive to be useful (would the world miss you if you/your company was gone?)
Check out Verne’s website with a ton of free resources for entrepreneurs.